Tuesday, January 27, 2009

McGahee Will Make Full Recovery After Vicious Hit


Clark Hit On McGahee
by beisbolct Credit Cards

Willis McGahee, running back of the Baltimore Ravens, has been told by doctors that he will make a full recovery after a vicious hit by Pittsburgh Steeler safety Ryan Clark led him to be carted off of the field. "I blacked out. I woke up when they were taking my face mask off," McGahee said. "I opened my eyes and I was talking. The next thing I knew I woke up in some room and they were taking me to the ambulance."

Now the big debate seems to be whether or not the hit was legal. Clark led with his shoulder, but the impact of the hit caused them to hit helmet-to-helmet. In my eyes, it was legal, but only because McGahee had caught the ball and had turned and ran a couple of steps with it. That makes it legal according to league rules. Now if he had been in the act of catching the ball, then he would had been considered a defenseless player, and Ryan Clark would be at a Super Bowl Party watching the game instead of playing in it. That being said, just because it was legal, doesn't mean it was necessary. Clark was down on the turf for awhile also and could have easily been going to the hospital with McGahee, all because he wanted to make the highlight hit instead of wrapping the man up and maybe then jarring the ball loose. Everyone (including myself) loves the big hit, but there's a time to play smart because you can easily make the big hit, and be the one getting front row parking at the mall in your tricked out wheelchair equipped handicap van.

Custom Search

1 comment:

  1. The hit was necessary. They had to let the Ravens know they would not be bullied and had to keep the tone set which played a big part in the victory. Stop acting soft Corey

    ReplyDelete